Questions? Florida (305) 755-9200 – Puerto Rico (787) 281-9200

Commercial Litigation Attorney2020-07-17T15:52:20-04:00
2903 1 52 Thumb

Commercial Litigation

Commercial litigation is applicable to disputes arising from rights and relationships of persons engaged in commerce, trade or mercantile pursuits. Commercial litigation services that we provide include: litigation matters for both creditors and debtors, contractual litigation, promissory notes, mortgages, security agreements, mechanic liens, condominium association assessments, collections, garnishments and replevin actions.

I am having problems with my homeowners or condominium association, what can I do?2019-09-27T21:13:26-04:00

Depending on the nature of the problem you are having with your homeowners or condominium association, our firm may be able to help you.  Our firm handles fines or foreclosure of association liens, elections or governance disputes, account disputes, or developer disputes among a variety of other association matters.  We have represented both unit owners and associations.

I believe misrepresentations were made to me when I proceeded with a certain transaction, what can I do?2019-09-27T21:12:47-04:00

Florida law provides a remedy for instances of fraud.  In addition, the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act provides remedies for consumers.  Collect all correspondence, e-mails, recordings, witness information and other evidence and contact one of our commercial litigation attorneys in Miami to evaluate your case.

I am being sued for eviction, what should I do?2019-09-27T21:11:47-04:00

Eviction actions for possession under Florida law provide a five (5) day time period to respond to a complaint after you have received service of process.  If you fail to file your response within five (5) days, you may be defaulted in which a judgment may be entered against you.

I am being sued by a vendor, what should I do?2019-09-27T21:11:00-04:00

Once you have been served, under Florida law, you may have only twenty (20) days to file a response.  If you fail to file your response within twenty (20) days, you may be defaulted in which a judgment may be entered against you.  So if you have been served with service of process, you need to act fast and contact an attorney immediately.

I am owed money from a customer that will not pay, what should I do?2019-09-27T21:09:10-04:00

You may need to pursue legal action to obtain payment from your customer to collect what is owed.  However, extra care needs to be taken to make sure, as a vendor, that you abide by all the terms of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.  Failure to do so may result in you being liable to the same customer that has not paid you.

I have a contract with someone that has been breached. What should I do?2020-05-28T08:05:38-04:00

When a contract is executed, the contract becomes the terms between the parties.  When one of the parties breaches the contract, depending on the terms of the contract, the other parties may have certain rights.  Every contract is different.  It is important that you contact an attorney to review the terms of your contract in the event of breach.  You can contact our office for a free consultation to determine your rights when there has been a breach.

Go to Top